Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Getting Through It

I've always wondered how people have managed to get through life. With everything that is pitched at them....it's bound to be a strike. I'm only in high school but I've had my fair share of hits-n-misses. From almost failing classes all the way to losing friends because of one stupid word. I've probably been through some things that no one could ever dream about. But I also have friends that I know have been through worse. It's a struggle for all of us just to make it through to the next day with everything else weighing us down. But we manage. By being together, leaning on each other, we manage to open our eyes to the days ahead.
Currently, I have just finished a project in history that I recieved a C+ on. The only explination I got? "It wasn't in the correct form"...he remembered nothing else he counted off for. Then I go home to the yelling and the screaming. It's hard living with an autistic brother. He requires so much attention, sometimes it's actually painful to be around him. But to make matters worse, my mother enjoys yelling right back at him wheneve rhe has a fit. I do all I can just to hold on until my boyfriend gets there. And sometimes that isn't even enough. With him in moods a lot of the times, sometimes his temper can grow a bit short. But it's nothing compared to what is running through his mind now.
But sometimes there's the high point of each day. That one moment you stop and realize that everything is absolutely perfect. It's when your friends are there beside you, a smile is plastered onto your face, and you know nothing could ever bring you down. Those are the times when I realize that maybe, just maybe, I WILL get through this...and maybe, perhaps, I'll realize how they made it through afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment