Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Little Things


I wonder why people make a huge fuss about nothing.
There is this campaign thing going on at my school and the guy I‘m up against has done nothing (except pass a few flyers out) but complain about how I’m running a “smear” campaign.
It made me think about why people get upset over the little things. Oh, she ran into me, big deal. If it isn’t life threatening, or hurting someone, then why make a big deal out of it.
There’s a girl that everyone believes is a huge whore (though she has done nothing to deny it and in fact, argues with everyone) and she was talking about this girl who said she (the “whore’) gave her number to a 13 year old at the beach. Note, the one who had “said” this, hadn’t. Someone had asked if she gave her number to anyone while on a trip to the beach.
So why get irritated.
Really?
I would much rather waste my energy doing something fun and entertaining than worry about the little thing. It was a lesson I learned last year.
I got into so much stuff with people last year over a guy (well….2. One of the “whore’s” b/fs and my ex) and so many people talked about me (my friend came back to school and said that people told her that I was a slut and not to mess with me [I hadn’t been with anyone at this point]) that it wasn’t even worth listening to.
And this year, I’ve gotten into one…note ONE, argument. This whole SCHOOL YEAR, and it was with my friend who didn’t even go to my school.
So I’ve avoided it fairly well.
I guess what I’m trying to get at, is if you read this….
Don’t sweat it.
It’s not going to change who you are if someone says something about you. If you let it roll off your shoulders then you’re gonna be alright.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment